Attorney Ellen Brown has focused her over 30-year practice in Southeastern Connecticut on assisting individuals and families with their personal and business legal needs. She brings compassion and advocacy to her representation.
In addition to her experience in commercial and residential real estate, Attorney Brown has tried numerous contested domestic relations cases. Her passion, however, is to assist people in resolving issues respectfully and privately through non adversarial approaches including mediation and collaboration.
Attorney Brown has served as a Special Master in New London County assisting in the settlement of complex family relations matters.
Ellen is an advocate of the Groton Public Library having been a founding member of the Groton Public Library Circle of Friends and member of the Town of Groton Library Board. She also served as an elected member of the Groton Board of Education. She is dedicated to helping victims of domestic abuse, having sat on the Board of Directors of Safe Futures, Inc.
- Family Law (lncluding mediation and collaborative)
- Commercial and Residential Real Estate
- Litigation including foreclosures
- Corporator, Chelsea Groton Bank
- Special Masters, New London Superior Court
- Treasurer and Founding Member of Groton Public Library Circle of Friends
- Former Memberof Groton Board of Education
- Past Member of Groton Library Board
- Ohio Wesleyan University (BA)
- Western New England University School of Law (JD)
- District of Columbia