Since 1987, Attorney Catherine Marrion has focused her practice on providing quality advice and assistance to organizations, including large and small businesses, nonprofits and municipalities. Whether the client is a local business, land trust or arts organization, Ms. Marrion partners with her clients, assisting in their start up, transactions, agreements, regulatory filings and strategic planning.
Ms. Marrion joined Waller Smith & Palmer in 2014. Ms. Marrion served a judicial clerkship with the Connecticut Appellate Court and then practiced corporate, regulatory and nonprofit law in Hartford, Washington, DC and New York before returning home to continue her practice.
Ms. Marrion also continues her commitment to local community service. She currently serves as the President of the Board of Directors of the Eastern Connecticut Symphony, as Secretary and Trustee of the Niantic Children’s Museum, and as a pro bono attorney representing local charitable organizations. She has also served on the Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut Grants Committee, the UConn Law School Mentor Program, as a leader in the 4H and Girl Scout programs.
- Business Law
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Conservation Law
- Municipal Law
- Eastern Connecticut Symphony Orchestra Board of Directors
- Children's Museum of Southeastern Connecticut Board of Trustees
- Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut Grants Committee
- Past member. Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, NY and Washington, DC
- Connecticut College (B.A.)
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D.)
- Clerkship, Connecticut Appellate Court, Hon. T. Clark Hull
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- New York
- District of Columbia