Mark Zamarka has practiced law since 1988 beginning his legal career in Michigan. He joined Waller Smith & Palmer in 2008. He represents individual and business clients in a variety of areas, including bankruptcy filings, planning and zoning appeals, land use matters, landlord-tenant relations, and in civil litigation matters. Attorney Zamarka is also a member of Waller Smith & Palmer’s municipal law practice, providing legal counsel to southeastern Connecticut municipalities.
Attorney Zamarka has extensive trial experience litigating cases in various state courts. He also represents clients in probate litigation and before state and local administrative boards, including in land use and tax assessment appeals. He has successfully argued before the Connecticut Appellate Court. He also lectures on bankruptcy and landlord-tenant issues.
A native of Michigan, Mark Zamarka and his family moved to Connecticut in 2007 and reside in East Lyme. He is active in East Lyme youth sports and attempts to play hockey in his free time.
- Municipal Law
- Consumer Bankruptcy
- Land Use
- Planning and Zoning
- Civil Litigation
- Connecticut foreclosure volunteer attorney program
- Mediator, State of Michigan District Court
- New London County Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Coach, East Lyme Little League baseball and soflball
- Coach, Southeast Connecticut Youth Hockey
- University of Michigan (B.A.)
- Washington and Lee University School of Law (J.D.)
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan