Kerin Woods has practiced law in southeastern Connecticut since 1983. She handles all types of personal injury cases, including automobile and motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, dog bite claims, uninsured and underinsured motorist claims, slip and falls and medical malpractice claims. Kerin Woods also represents individuals injured at work in their workers’ compensation claims.
Attorney Woods devotes a large portion of her practice to assisting clients who are unable to work in securing the Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income benefits they deserve.
Attorney Woods tries cases in state and federal court in Connecticut and Rhode Island, as well as in the Mohegan Tribal Court. Attorney Woods also handles appeals in the state appellate courts and Social Security Disability appeals in the Federal District Court of Connecticut.
Kerin Woods is proud to protect the rights of the injured and the disabled. Attorney Woods strives to provide personal, professional, and caring representation to her clients.
Residing in New London, Kerin Woods serves on New London’s Bacon & Hinkley Home Board of Directors. She also coached both soccer and basketball in New London recreational leagues for several years and was a recipient of the JR NBA/JR WNBA Coaches of the Year Award.
- Personal injury law, including motor vehicle, wrongful death claims, uninsured motorist claims, and slips and falls
- Social Security Disability (SSD) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits
- Workers' compensation
- Private disability insurance denials
- Special Master and Arbitrator, Connecticut Superior Court, Civil Division since 1998
- New London County Bar's Bench Committee since 2000
- Chair of the New London County Standing Committee on Recommendations for Admissions to the Bar 2001 to present
- Lecturer on trial advocacy, uninsured motorist law, and Social Security disability
- Sustaining Member ofthe National Organization of Social Security Claimant Representatives (NOSSCR)
- Member, Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association (Member, Board of Governors 1997-2003)
- New London County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 1997-2002 and President 2001-2002
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Rhode Island Trial Lawyers Association
- American and Connecticut Bar Association
- Board of Directors, New London Main Street, 2001 - 2008
- Board Member of the Year, 2007
- Board of Directors, Bacon & Hinkley Home, 2000 - present
- The College of the Holy Cross (B.A.)
- University of Connecticut School of Law (J.D.)
- Rhode Island
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- Mohegan Tribal Court