Since joining Waller Smith & Palmer more than 40 years ago, Toby Griffis has focused his practice on representing buyers and sellers of residential and commercial real estate in southeastern Connecticut.
Attorney Griffis also serves as General Counsel for the Eastern Connecticut Association of Realtors, is a contributor to its newsletter, and is a frequent speaker at realtor meetings in southeastern Connecticut. Toby Griffis also serves as the Chair of the New London County real estate committee that meets regularly to discuss issues affecting home buyers and sellers. Attorney Griffis has received the highest ranking conferred by legal colleagues through the peer rating system maintained by the National Legal Directory Martindale Hubbel.
Toby Griffis also devotes a significant portion of his time to promoting the arts in southeastern Connecticut and beyond, as trustee of the Griffis Art Center and as past President of the Lyman-Allen Museum. Attorney Griffis is a world traveler, an amateur historian, and a proud veteran of the Vietnam war.
- Real estate
- Probate Judge, District of Lyme, 1979-83.
- Trustee, Griffis Art Center
- President, Lyman-Allen Museum (2005)
- Former Chairman, Lyme Elderly Housing, Inc.
- Former Trustee, Lawrence and Memorial Hospitals
- Former Chairman, Lyme Public Library, Inc.
- Choate School; Yale University (B.A.)
- Cornell University (J.D.).